VP of Project Management
VP Of Project Management Job Description
What Is a VP Of Project Management Job?
The Vice President position is within the Project Management Office (PMO). This person will serve as a leader within the group supervising direct reports, support in driving department operations, and owning the end to end delivery of key initiatives across the Finance organization.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Serve as a liaison and advisor to all business, IT and third party vendors on an ongoing basis; driving strategic priorities and managing expectations
- Build and manage trusting relationships with internal stakeholders between both Information Technology and the Finance organization
- Gather, document, analyze and draw conclusions regarding complex data and information; succinctly present findings to various audiences
- Manage multiple highly visible initiatives with minimal oversight
- Drive the end to end effort to operationalize initiatives and measure/track key strategic initiatives through management of project scope, deliverables, routines and tasks, including:
- Create and own project plan, project charter and other artifacts
- Plan and facilitate working sessions with business and IT stakeholders
- Facilitating and supporting efforts of prioritization
- Develop new processes in collaboration with business; document and deliver trainings for business as usual (BAU) team
- Manage risk and issue resolution process through collaboration with business leads to ensure swift corrective action
- Manage multiple viewpoints from business stakeholders across departments on ambiguous topics in order to build consensus and achieve positive outcomes to achieve the intended goal(s)
- This is inclusive of adjusting communication styles and presentations to an audience
- Be seen as a subject matter expert (SME) for the procedure, process or technology within the scope of initiative responsibilities
- Effectively grow and manage direct reports both in their professional growth and in the successful delivery of their initiatives
- Continuously identify opportunities to improves processes and standards of the PMO; employing best practices to ensure optimal value delivery
- Active leader within the PMO team driving areas within the PMO team operations
- Relationship Building; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. He or she is known for doing what is best irrespective of politics and is comfortable with consensus building (at multiple levels) and soliciting constructive feedback; ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of participants including upper management, clients, other departments, and 3rd party providers.
- Communication; strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to present complex material.
- Independence & Collaboration; experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; must be able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) while representing department and executive management interests and concerns.
- Work Ethic; focus on continual development, performance, accountability and self-motivation.
- Flexibility & Organization; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Intellectual Curiosity; energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues; must have strong problem solving skills; adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products; displays a technical aptitude that lends itself to learning and mastering new technologies.
- Driving Results; sets aggressive timelines and objectives to drive results, conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- Judgment; makes recommendations and decisions that balance a variety of factors.